U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors are hosting a logo competition for the 2017 U-Con @ UConn Anime Convention! We are a convention run by the fans for the fans. We want to help out local artists with our convention! Sign Up Here!
- No registration necessary
- Registration does not enhance your chance of winning
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to those who follow the the procedure written in these rules and who are 18 years of age or older. All participants who are under 18 years of age must have written permission from a guardian to participate. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Executive Board of U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors are not eligible for this competition due to their participation in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant ("You") agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors as final and bindings as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 10/18/2017 and ending 11/18/2016 at 5:00 P.M. EST. All online entries must be received by 11/18/2016 at 5:00 P.M. EST.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form and emailing all files (pdf of proposed logo design and picture of you along with your bio and any portfolio) to email@example.com with the subject of the email being "2017 LOGO COMPETITION + First Name + Last Name". Any other subject will be susceptible of being lost. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors. You may only enter once. You must provide the information requested. you may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors.
- Prizes: The Winner of the contest (Winner) will be hired by the U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors as the official 2017 logo designer of the 2017 U-Con @ UConn Anime Convention. The Winner's design will be the theme of the convention. The Winner will be announced on 12/02/2016 and highlighted at the convention, we will help the Winner get your name out there and add a piece to the Winner's portfolio. The Winner will also receive a free table in the vendors alley to sell your artwork. The Winner will be paid by the U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors in the amount agreed upon by the party. The prize is nontransferable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors to use the Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All eligible honorary mentions will receive a shout out on our website and a reduced fee for a vendors table too sell their artwork.
- Odds: No odds.
- Winner Selection and Notification. Winner will be selected after the judging from the Board of Directors and possible the fans by vote. Winner will be notified by e-mail within 2 weeks of the submission deadline. U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to span, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the price offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT U-CON @ UCONN BOARD OF DIRECTORS' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party's proprietary or intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary of intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless U-Conn @ UConn Board of Directors from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party's right.
- Terms & Conditions: U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors' control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors. U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the sue of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means of entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermined the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, U-Con @ UConn reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claims, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmission, telephone, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CONNECTICUT, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Connecticut having jurisdiction. Further in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, e-mail your requests along with your name and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than 03/05/2016 at 6:00 P.M. EST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of this contest is U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors, 727 Mansfield City Road, Storrs Mansfield, CT 06268, U.S..
- Facebook: The contest hosted by U-Con @ UConn Board of Directors is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.